10 questions to ask a driving instructor before booking your first lesson…
- How long have you been a driving Instructor?
- To what level is the instructor qualified?
- Will I have the same instructor & car for every lesson?
- What type of car do you use and is it dual controlled?
- How old is the car?
- Do you have a individual pick up service?
- Do you work weekends?
- Do you have an individual pick up service, could you pick me up after work or college?
- What is the cost of a lesson and do you provide a discount for block booking?
- Which test centre do you use and what’s your pass rate?
What Is Your Instructor’s Reputation?
Good instructors and the best driving schools rarely have to advertise, word of mouth or social media can often be helpful ways of finding the right company for you. However it is important to ask the following questions:
- Are they reliable?
- Are they friendly and patient?
- How clear was the instruction?
- Does the instructor smoke?
- Is the car clean?
What Are Your Instructor’s Qualifications?
A driving instructor must pass a searching three-part examination to qualify, and they have to reach and maintain the high standards required by the Driving Standards Agency. The standard of instruction of all ADIs is regularly checked by DSA. This is done by a DSA Supervising Examiner sitting in on a live lesson. The instructor is then graded grade 4 is competent grade 5 is good grade 6 is a very high standard. Ask any potential instructor for their grade before embarking on a course of lessons.